SkyData Air & Space is a company providing innovative solutions for methane leak detection and land mine detection.
Drone-based Methane Leak Detection
- There are 2.8 million kilometers of gas pipelines worldwide – much of it aging and leak-prone
- Oil & Gas companies are losing billions of dollars annually through leaks, third party intervention, environmental damage and public relations debacles
- Current leak detection techniques are unreliable and very expensive
- Based on recent pipeline disasters, regulators in the US and elsewhere are mandating active leak detection systems
- Drones offer unprecedented remote access to the entire pipeline
- Sensor technology is currently undergoing a revolution in size-reduction and capabilities
- Pending NASA – Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) license offers a laser spectrometer methane sensor that is 100x more sensitive and 10x lighter than current sensors
- This is the same sensor that flew on the spacecraft Curiosity that detected methane on Mars
Drone-based Land Mine Detection
- Drones offer the unprecedented ability to hover or slowly move above a mine field or along a road without triggering the mines or IED’s
- A pending University of Wisconsin license will provide a unique sensor that can identify materials based on their neutron-activated, gamma ray signatures, up to 2 meters underground
- Additional types of sensors (e.g. ground penetrating radar) can also be flown to provide ground truth approaching 100%
More information coming soon.